Introduction

This section includes a series of Google spreadsheets outlining the details of my rides by day, month, and year. It should be noted too, that I generally record all my rides using a Garmin Tour SatNav which I then upload to Ride With GPS. All the details are then merged here and voila!

2017 Yearly Totals


Despite not reaching any of my primary goals for 2017, it was an outstanding year of cycling with very respectable numbers.

I had three big months with cycling over 900 miles each (April, May, & August), along with several 700-800 mile months (March, June, & July), and somehow I managed an average of 65 miles per ride for the year. We had great weather during the year with a lot of warm dry days. Only in November when we had several weeks of non-stop rain did I begin to slow down.
Summary of Rides: 2017
  • Total Number of Rides: 122 (days)
  • Total Distance Cycled: 7,866.5 (miles)
  • Elevation Gain: 445,527 (feet)
  • Moving Time: 753:12 (hrs/mins)

So my total number of days on the bike decreased by 44 days (120 days in 2017 vs. 164 days in 2016). However, the number of long days ("Solitaires") in the saddle almost doubled at 41 days with a mileage increase of 1,552 miles (3,474 miles vs 1,922.7).

Also the number of rides covering 100 miles or more increased from 11 to 13 (see: "100 Mile Club"). If you'd like to see more detail of the two years compared check out: "2017 vs. 2016".
If you'd like to see the details of each month check out: "2017 Monthly Details".
It's mid-December now and at this point I've more or less decided to take the remainder of the month off. I didn't cycle during December of 2016 and I loved it! I think having a month away from the bike helps motivate me for the following year.

A breakdown of my 2017 goals:
I found the total number of days I cycled this year to be surprisingly low - it didn't seem that way? I thought I'd reach 8,000 miles too. And I was pretty close to 15 centuries. A good year overall; but unusual numbers.


I want to do better in 2018.

Ads Inside Post